City Ballet of San Diego (referred to as City Ballet throughout these Conditions of Use) provides services to you through our website, http://www.cityballet.org, subject to the following conditions. By visiting or shopping (such as ordering performance tickets) at our website, you accept the following conditions.
When you visit City Ballet’s website or send messages to any electronic mail address within the cityballet.org domain, you are electronically communicating with us. When doing so, you agree to:
- Receive electronic communications from us, including electronic mail messages or personalized information on our website; and
- Accept that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications presented in an electronic format satisfy any legal requirement that such communications must be provided in writing.
City Ballet grants you a limited, revocable and non-exclusive license to access our website. By accessing our website, you agree to these Conditions of Use, including the copyright restrictions described below.
City Ballet also grants you a limited, revocable and non-exclusive license to create a hyperlink to our home page, http://www.cityballet.org. The link may not portray City Ballet, our products or our services in a false, misleading, derogatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable manner.
Electronic Mail Messages Access
City Ballet distributes information to our mail list subscribers using the electronic mail address email@example.com. These messages contain copyrighted material, as marked at the end (bottom) of the electronic mail message. City Ballet grants you a limited, revocable and non-exclusive license to redistribute or forward copyrighted electronic mail messages sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org electronic mail address. The redistributed electronic mail message may not portray City Ballet, our products or our services in a false, misleading, derogatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable manner.
Unless otherwise stated, all City Ballet website content, including text, graphics and digital downloads, are the property of City Ballet or its content suppliers, and is protected by United States of America and international copyright laws. Also, City Ballet electronic mail messages sent from the email@example.com electronic mail address marked with a copyright notice at the end (bottom) of the electronic mail message are the property of City Ballet or its content suppliers and is protected by United States of America and international copyright laws.
Unless you receive City Ballet’s express written consent, you may not use our website or electronic mail message content for any purpose. You must abide by all copyright notices. Special content-use rights are extended to:
- Individuals: Individuals may make a single copy of any web page from this website for their own personal, non-commercial use. Individuals may not alter the content or remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
- Internet Service Providers and Web Search Engines: Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and web search engines may download City Ballet’s website content for page caching and website indexing purposes. Web search engines must comply with the web search directives provided in http://www.cityballet.org/robots.txt.
- Press and Media: Members of the press and media may download City Ballet’s website content as source material for news stories and performance reviews. The press and media may also use content from City Ballet electronic mail messages sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org electronic mail address as source material for news stories and performance reviews. City Ballet photographs may be used by members of the press and media only if they include appropriate credit (for example, Photo: Dale Stokes/City Ballet). Photograph credit information is provided with each high-resolution photograph available for download from the Press Releases section of our website (http://www.cityballet.org/about/press/index.php). Materials generated using our website content, electronic mail message content or photographs may not portray City Ballet, our products or our services in a false, misleading, derogatory or offensive manner.
You may request other content-use rights by sending an electronic message to the City Ballet Managing Director. Until you receive City Ballet’s express written consent, you may not use our website or electronic mail message content for the requested purpose.
City Ballet respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, send an electronic message to the City Ballet Managing Director. Provide:
- Contact Information: Your full name, mailing address, daytime telephone number and electronic mail address.
- Infringed Work Information: A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and the location of the work, such as the website Uniform Resource Locator (URL, or website address).
- Ownership Statement: A statement that you believe City Ballet infringed on the copyright protection of the work and, under penalty of perjury, that the information you are providing is accurate. Your statement must also declare that you are the copyright owner or an authorized agent of the copyright owner.
Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be returned to City Ballet after they have been purchased. Ticket exchanges are also prohibited. Although City Ballet offers products and services designed for children, online sales through City Ballet’s website may only be made by persons who are 18 years of age or older.
Risk of Loss
All items, including tickets, purchased online from City Ballet are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to you upon our delivery to the shipment carrier.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
City Ballet tries to be as accurate as possible. However, City Ballet does not warrant that product or service descriptions, or other content of this website are complete or free of errors. This website is provided on an as is and as available basis. City Ballet makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials or products included on this website. You expressly agree that your use of this website is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, City Ballet disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. City Ballet does not warrant that this website, its servers, or messages sent from electronic mail addresses within the cityballet.org domain are free of viruses or other harmful components.
City Ballet will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and/or consequential damages.
Certain states’ laws prohibit limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If such laws apply to you, then some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you.
Changes to Conditions of Use
City Ballet reserves the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining conditions.
Special Thanks to Our Season Sponsor
Financial support for City Ballet is provided in part by the City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture.